Monday, April 30, 2007

Is it Possible?

So I guess I want to dialogue, and pose a question. Is it possible for Americans to ever "get it"? I mean is it possible for us in America to ever fully understand and live out the Gospel of Jesus? What I see is people that tack their faith on like it's a part of their life and not the life changing, all consuming thing that it is. You begin to ask dangerous questions when this hits you, like do people that say the right words, pray the right prayers, and go to the right meetings, but have nothing to show for their faith really have a relationship with Jesus? This is dangerous because it then makes me the judge in which case I am not. I can't judge a life, but when I read the scriptures about what Jesus' message was. I get inspired. A message about redemption, hope, and love and I look at myself and the fellow believers I don't see that message being lived out. What do we do? How do we live this message out? It's a constant struggle, but I am so inspired by my savior that I want to do what he does. I want to be like my rabbi. I also read Jesus say things like "To by my disciple you have to die to yourself, take up your cross and follow me." That's tough. It's not easy to follow Jesus, but so amazing right? So how can we inspire one another to live out the message of Jesus in a real, tangible, and radical way? How can we transform our world like he and the disciples did 2,000 years ago? When Jesus said the "road is narrow that leads to life" I think he meant it. I think that living as a disciple is hard to do, but we can do it. My challenge to us is to live the message of Jesus in a real, tangible, and radical way!

No comments:

The random rantings of a crazed youth pastor

Blog Archive