Saturday, October 24, 2009

Crazy in love

Is it enough just to "know" Jesus? I have been reading Francis Chan's book "Crazy Love". it is one of the most convicting books I have ever read. It really does make me ask some really tough questions.

Can I really love Jesus but not give sacrificially?
Can I be a Christian and selfish?
Can I follow Christ if I'm not willing to give it all up?

I want to live a self-sacrificing, whole- hearted, fully alive, life with Christ, but there is a problem...

I get in the way.

Do you know what I mean? Do you ever get in the way? I want to live a radical life for Jesus but

I don't want to be stretched.
I don't want to be persecuted.
I don't want to be uncomfortable.

I pray everyday that I can become more like Jesus. I want to love fully, give freely, heal wholly, and live radically. I'm not there, but I want to be. I will continue searching him out. I will keep pursuing my God with wreck-less abandon until the day I see Jesus face to face!

No comments:

The random rantings of a crazed youth pastor

Blog Archive