Sunday, October 11, 2009

Forgiven

It's ok to not be ok, it's just not ok to stay that way.

This is what I want my youth ministry to be about. Real, raw, and authentic. Isn't that what church should be?

We recently started a new series based on Saddleback's "Life Hurts God Heals". It is a program based on a step study for the hurts, habits, and hang-ups in life. I knew that it was a need but did not know what would happen. Wednesday the first step was admitting you have a need, pulling off the mask, and realizing you are powerless to control your circumstances.

This generation is broken.

They are hurting.

They need healing.

We saw the beginning of transformation. I believe that these are the moments that we need more of. We need to see lives radically changed by the Gospel. Don't we often forget the unbelievable transformation we have seen in the lives of those around us?

In the midst of all of this I have been reading stories from Sanctus Reel's website based on their song 'Forgiven'

http://sanctusreal.squarespace.com/

Truly, I'm excited to see some of our stories. I am ready to see God move.

Are you ready?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am ready.

The random rantings of a crazed youth pastor

Blog Archive