Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hmmm

Have you ever had one of those days that makes you go HMMM? I'm talking one of those days where everything is off. From the moment you wake up, until the moment you go to bed, you are truly just off. I wonder in those moments why we even decide to wake up on those days. What if we just stayed in bed. Do you think it would matter? Anyway, we had our midweek ministry night last night and our entire staff was definitely in one of those moments. I would have to say that the main culprit to our issue is prayer. This week was a prime example of doing ministry on our own. Why is it when we get stressed we neglect prayer? It's so easy, yet so detrimental to our spiritual lives. God is the one who makes the difference, not us. I can't come up with this amazing sermon that is radically life changing every week. My worship pastor can't hit a home run every week. God, however, can and will make the difference. This isn't a profound statement, it's just what's been on my mind since last night. Anyway I hope it encourages!

1 comment:

Jim Thomson said...

I know what you mean about "one of those days." It's weird. Some days I wake up just "off." Don't know why.
So we endeavor to walk with Him, regardless, pushing through the "hmmm"s.

The random rantings of a crazed youth pastor

Blog Archive